Follow these tips to help beat the flu this year, keeping you and our community happy and well. To prevent the spreading and catching of the flu, it is important to wash, wash ,wash!
- Wash your hands frequently. Make it a habit to wash at least once each hour if you’re in public areas. Lather between fingers for at least 30 seconds. Also, carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer and use regularly during the day.
- Wash sheets, pillowcases, towels, clothes, even dry clean jackets, to ensure that no germs are being passed through these items.
- Wash your place. To diminish the spread of any germs that may lay throughout your place, use a disinfectant spray and wipe down your counters, doorknobs, remote controls, phone, computer, and other items you come into contact with on a daily basis.
- Many clinics and pharmacies will give free flu shots. While this doesn’t guarantee you won’t catch the flu, it will help lessen the severity of any symptoms if you do.
- Also, getting a nutritious diet and plenty of sleep will keep your immune system healthy; you’ll be able to fight off any thing the flu season can throw at it.